Sunday, July 20, 2008

Matsuri, Prank calls, tex mex, Duane Reade

Last night I met up with an old friend at Matsuri. Reservations were at 9:15 but I was told 8:30. I showed up at 8:15 to find that out so I stuck it out at the bar. After sampling a Sapporo and a Kirin-Ichibon I decided to stick with Kirin for the evening. During my one hour wait I texted away and ordered Agedashi Tofu. Fried tofu in the special sauce is so good. You really can't mess it up. Dinner was excellent. More on that after I go there a second time. It's worthy of a 2nd trip.

After dinner we headed next door to Hiro which was bumpin! There was a very interesting vibe. A lot more couples hooking up like they needed to get a room. More than a usual night. There was one point where a couple sprawled out on our couch area where we had out table set up. Not classy. Outside of that they had people swinging from the ceilings for entertainment. This is where the night gets a little interesting.

I get home and receive a blocked phone call. Only my parents call me from a blocked number. Not this case at 4am. The girl was talking dirty and wanted me to climax with her. It was pretty clear I was on speaker phone and I heard people laughing in the background. During this conversation my call waiting chimed in. It was my good friend Frank. Red flags are going up all over the place now. They were heading out to the hamptons and asked if I cared to join after they have past exit 22 on the LIE already. Putting two and two together I figured they were pranking me but he refused to admit so. I got very annoyed and at the end we got annoyed at each other after throwing the accusations back and forth. All in all it was a fun Saturday night.

SUNDAY
I wake up close to 12 finally. I have had trouble sleeping the past few weeks past 7/8am. It felt good. I ordered Tex-Mex. Came home to watch the mets win. Went out to duane reade and got $50 worth of goodies. Ordered more Tex-Mex. Ate and went back out to grab some pinkberry. What a productive day!!!pinkberry with mango pineapple and mo chi!


Taco Tortilla King
285 3rd Ave, New York 10010
Btwn 21st & 22nd St
Phone: 212-679-8882


I highly recommend this place if you're in the neighborhood. They are quick with their orders.

No comments: